Welcome!

Welcome to the blog for the Oberlin College Geomorphology Research Group. We are a diverse team of students working with Amanda Henck Schmidt on geomorphology questions. This blog is an archive of our thoughts about our research, field work travel notes, and student research projects. Amanda's home page is here.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tying up loose ends

I am sitting in the sun in Dali, Yunnan watching people wash our really dirty car. Mainly I need them to remove the green paint from where our number had an encounter with a bus bumper in a gas station. Inside and out the cleaning will cost 30 rmb ($4.50ish). I just mailed our 15 boxes (380) kg of samples to dongguan, where they will be put on a truck, taken across the border to hong kong and then air freighted to Cleveland. Tonight I drive to kunming by myself. Yue left this morning for shanghai and Adrian and Veronica are already home.

I hope to give you all a short description of my changing hotel tastes over the years and driving in rural yunnan. Maybe from the hotel tonight.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment